Hertsmere Homeless Project
2a Furshill Parade
|Phone:||020 8236 7606|
|Fax:||020 8236 7609|
|The Hertsmere Homeless Project offers:|
* Accommodation Advice;
* Benefits Advice;
* Resettlement Advice and Support,
to people aged 16-25 who come from the Hertsmere area (including Borehamwood, Potters Bar, South Mimms, Shenley, Radlett and parts of Bushey).
Help and Advice with seeking accommodation, finding temporary and emergency accommodation and longer term housing.
Benefits Advice on which benefits you can claim, including Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support and Housing Benefit.
Resettlement Advice and Support including: budgeting, filling in forms, communication skills, emotional support, advocacy with other agencies, job/training assistance, etc. There is an outreach programme to schools and colleges. The Careers Service is housed in the same building.
Other services include:
* Free use of phone for people looking for accommodation;
* Use of the Project as a 'care of' address to receive post.
* "CrashPad" scheme in operation which offers emergency accomodation with a host family to vulnerable 16-21 year olds.
* Free confidential counselling service, run jointly with the Youth Enquiry and Information Service.
Monday to Thursday 10.00am-4.00pm;
Friday - Appointments only.
See also entry for: Hertsmere Worknet (Borehamwood)
pottersbar.org home back to societies source: Herts Direct. Updated: 31/1/2004. privacy and disclaimer