Citizens Advice Bureau
The Citizens Advice Bureau Service in Hertsmere gives free, independent, impartial and confidential advice and information on a range of subjects including
· Benefits – entitlement to benefits, helping with claims and appeals
· Consumer Rights and Issues – negotiating with shops and businesses, compensation and refunds
· Debt and Money Advice – dealing with debts and creditors, budgeting, calculating affordable payments
· Family and Relationships – separation, divorce, violent relationships, maternity rights, education, health and disability rights
· Housing – landlord and tenant problems, moving house, neighbour disputes, housing benefits, council tax benefit, rent and mortgage arrears, evictions and repossessions
· Legal Issues – help with magistrates’ and county court summons, claiming through the courts, immigration and nationality issues
· Employment – problems at work, redundancy and dismissal
You can discuss your situation and circumstances as fully as you wish, however complex your problem – or problems. We provide accurate information and practical advice. We help with form filling, negotiating and letter writing. We help clients to consider possible options and identify possible courses of action.
All interviews are conducted in private; we offer complete confidentiality to our clients.
The service is impartial, open to everybody regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CAB Service in Hertsmere is an independent registered charity with a Board of Trustees made up of local volunteers.
We believe in speaking up for change when services and policies are failing, using our general experience never identifying individuals only where they agree.
How are we funded?
Most of our funding comes from Hertsmere Borough Council, also from the local health service (Primary Care Trust) and Hertfordshire County Council alongside donations from trusts and local businesses.
Would you be interested in volunteering?
· 85% of the staff providing the advice are trained volunteers
· A comprehensive training is provided, expenses are paid
· There are opportunities to become involved as an adviser, helping with the administration work and IT support or joining the Board of Trustees.
The CAB Service in Hertsmere operates across Hertsmere based on three local bureaux in Potters Bar, Bushey, and Elstree and Borehamwood. There is a central telephone helpline. All are wheelchair accessible.
Telephone Helpline 0844 826 9703: Mon, Wed & Thurs: 10am - 12:30pm & 1pm - 3:30pm
Potters Bar CAB, Wyllyotts Centre, Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, EN6 2HN Appointments and admin 01707 665727 Drop-in: Monday & Thursday: 10am - 12:30pm, 1pm - 3:30pm. Comprehensive range of free leaflets and information on all subjects available during Wyllyotts opening hours. Many forms and applications stocked including Benefit application forms (Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, Attendance Allowance etc) Court forms, Health forms (HC1 etc).
Bushey CAB, 8 Rudolph Road, Bushey, WD23 3DU Drop-in: Monday & Thursday: 10am - 12:30pm
Elstree and Borehamwood CAB, Community Centre, 2 Allum Lane, Elstree, WD6 3PJ Drop-in: Mon & Thur: 10am - 12:30pm & 1pm - 3:30pm. Wed:10am - 12:30pm
pottersbar.org home back to clubs and societies source: email from Sandi Archibold Updated: 13/8/2009. privacy and disclaimer